DEFINE THE PROBLEM:
Lake Woodrock Homeowners’ Association
KNOW THE MATERIAL:
- A small, man-made private lake located in Corlandt Manor, NY, created by the developer New Parkway Vistas in 1948
- Is divided into two sections separated by a 50 ft dam, the Upper and Lower Lake. The Lower Lake is also contained by a larger dam.
- Surrounded by a community of 45 households who provide for the maintenance and upkeep of the dam with annual dues and volunteer labor.
- Has a ten member volunteer Board of Directors with constutition and bylaws
- Has a beach and a swimming dock
- Is 40 ft. deep at the center
- Is stocked with trout and perch, carp
- Home to a couple of large and rarely seen snapping turtles, as well as occasional visits by Blue Heron and more frequent visits by Canada Geese.
- Freezes over in the winter well enough for ice skating (weather providing)
- Hosts a July 4th home-made float Regatta and a late Fall Pumpkin Chunkin’ contest (into the lake, of course)
- Is useable for different types of recreation, including swimming, canoeing, catch and release fishing, picnicking and ice skating
- Dark, cool and refreshing water
- Scenic vista surrounded by majestic trees
- Serene and introspective
- historic old forests
- A place for friends and family to have a sense of community
- A safe habitat for wildlife
5 LOGOTYPES TO EMULATE: